What are the side effects from Essure?
- Allergic Reactions: Many women implanted with the Essure device suffered from allergic reactions to metal. Another Essure complication was allergies to copper.
- Autoimmune Responses: Women with these Essure side effects suffered from weight gain, rashes, hair loss, and fatigue.
- Chronic Pain: Some women have reported Essure side effects such as chronic pain. It is believed many women who received the Essure implant had the birth control devices removed due to chronic pain.
- Corrective Surgeries: Women who suffered from Essure complications were often forced to have corrective surgeries to remove the device and fix the side effects. Many victims needed corrective surgeries to repair organs and tissue after the actual Essure birth control device is removed.
- Device Expulsion: Some women found that their bodies rejected the Essure birth control device. This may have caused serious side effects and complications that required corrective surgery.
- Device Migration: The Essure birth control device may migrate to other parts of the body which causes serious complications. When the Essure birth control device shifts in the body, it can tear surrounding organs.
- Ectopic Pregnancies: Many women have reported Essure side effects such as ectopic pregnancies. This Essure complication generally calls for surgery. Ectopic pregnancies are very dangerous for women and can lead to death.
- Fetal Death: If the Essure birth control device failed and resulted in a pregnancy, fetal death may occur. This is one of Essure’s most horrific complications.
- Hysterectomies: Essure may have forced many women to undergo hysterectomies because of Essure side effects. Hysterectomies are serious surgeries that can cause their own complications. Women who underwent hysterectomies because of Essure complications should join the lawsuit right away.
- Migraines: Women that underwent Essure implants often reported migraines. A large number of these women reported never having a migraine until after their Essure was implanted.
- Perforation of Organs: When Essure migrates in the body, it can cause tears in the organs around the device.
Why was Essure approved by the FDA?
Unfortunately, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regularly approves medical devices that end up being defective. But you can’t always blame the FDA. Defective medical device makers have in the past failed to report potential side effects and complications to the FDA in their research. There have been cases where medical device makers even conceal facts from the FDA, which means the FDA is approving a product without all the facts.
When the FDA receives enough complaints on a medical device, they begin investigating the product. Women began reporting Essure problems right after it hit the market. The FDA investigated and eventually pulled the product from the market. Essure was implanted in women from 2002-2018. For sixteen years Essure side effects and complications have changed women’s’ lives.
Is there a lawsuit for Essure side effects and complications?
Yes. Essure injury lawyers are currently fighting the manufacturer of the defective medical device. If you suffer from side effects and complications from Essure, you could be owed compensation. Affected women could receive money for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, corrective surgeries, and more if there are Essure lawsuit settlements and payouts. Women that suffered from Essure side effects and complications went through a lot. The Essure class action lawsuit intends to hold Bayer responsible for selling a defective medical device.
Who can help me join the Essure side effects and complications lawsuit?
Woods and Woods defective medical device lawyers can help victims of Essure join the lawsuit against Bayer. Since 1985, Woods & Woods has been dedicated to serving injured people. Fighting major corporations requires skill and experience.
Joining the Essure side effects and complications lawsuits won’t cost you any money upfront. Your defective product lawyer is only paid if your case is successful. If you do not win your Essure side effects and complications lawsuit, you pay nothing.