For a veteran to receive a 100% PTSD rating, the veteran must experience total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as:
- gross impairment in thought processes or communication.
- persistent delusions or hallucinations.
- grossly inappropriate behavior.
- persistent danger of hurting self or others.
- intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene).
- disorientation to time or place.
- memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.
Read more about 100% VA disability ratings for PTSD here: