Sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter about what the VA is up to, veterans policy updates, and other issues affecting veterans and their families.
Don’t worry! If you change your mind, you can unsubscribe at any time.
“They brought me from being stuck at 30%. Denial after denial. Finally rated at 70%. Appealed for total and unable to work disability since 2014. Without Woods and Woods I would still be stuck at 30%.“
VA Disability Newsletter Archive
Check out past editions of our newsletter to learn more about what to expect when you subscribe.
Recent Blog Posts:
- What is SBP?Before 2023, families could not receive full payments from both SBP and DIC benefits due to a now-repealed rule establishing an offset.
- How Long Does It Take to Get VA Unemployability?If a veteran is denied TDIU, the timeline for a new decision will depend on several factors including how they appeal and current wait times at the VA.
- Benefits of a 100% VA RatingIf the VA rated your disability 100%, you’re likely eligible for other benefits including healthcare coverage and free travel.
- TDIU Back PayIf you qualify for TDIU because you can’t work, the VA may owe you thousands of dollars in back pay. This post explains why.
- VA Disability for Ischemic Heart DiseaseVeterans who have service-connected ischemic heart disease, including those exposed to Agent Orange, may be eligible to receive VA disability.