Since 1985, Woods & Woods has been fighting for disabled people. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers have helped thousands of veterans and their families. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers represent vets nationwide.
Trying to obtain veterans disability benefits can be hard to do on your own. Hiring the veterans disability benefits lawyers at Woods & Woods can make the entire process easier on you.
We’ve represented thousands of vets.
Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers have represented thousands of veterans against the VA. We know what it takes to get disabled veterans the benefits they deserve.
Our lawyers are experienced.
Since 1985, Woods & Woods has fought for injured and disabled people. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers are nationally recognized. We have an in-depth knowledge of VA law.
You only pay if we win.
Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers only charge if you win your VA benefits claim. If you do not obtain veterans disability benefits, you don’t owe us a penny – it’s that simple.
Don’t give up hope.
If you have been denied or don’t know how to begin the application process, talk to our veterans disability benefits lawyers. Everyday, we help disabled veterans obtain VA benefits.
Get a Free VA Disability Claim Evaluation
- We will find out if you are eligible.
Many veterans who are eligible for veterans disability benefits never even apply. Lots of veterans don’t even know they are eligible. If you have questions about your eligibility, our veterans disability benefits lawyers can help.
- We will explain the VA Disability process.
When veterans call our veterans disability benefits lawyers, it’s often because they don’t even know where to begin the VA benefits process. For free, we will tell you how to apply. Our veterans disability benefits staff will explain what you should put on your application and even tell you where you need to send it.
- We will answer all your questions.
Lots of veterans call us because they have questions about veterans disability benefits. If you have questions, we have answers. For no charge, we will answer your questions and help you get the veterans disability benefits you deserve.
- We will explain your legal options.
Our veterans disability benefits lawyers will examine your claim for free and explain what legal options are available to you. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers are experienced and can help you better understand your VA benefits eligibility.
How Our Veterans Disability Benefits Lawyers Help
- We listen to clients.
After dealing with the Veterans Administration, you are probably tired of people not listening to you. Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits law firm listens to our clients. You know your case better than anyone else.
- We answer questions.
Even if you aren’t our client, you can give us a call and ask all the questions you want about veterans benefits law. At no cost, our nationwide veterans disability benefits lawyers will answer your questions and help you better understand VA law.
- We file all the paperwork.
If you hire Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers, we will handle all the paperwork with the Veterans Administration. Many vets who don’t hire veterans disability benefits lawyers lose their VA claims because they simply fill out all the paperwork wrong or they miss deadlines. The Veterans Administration is a massive bureaucracy and it requires lots of paperwork. Let our veterans disability benefits lawyers handle all your paperwork.
- We’ll gather all the evidence.
Medical evidence is the key to winning your veterans disability benefits claim. Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers often hire experts outside the VA system to prove your service-connected disabilities are compensable. Woods & Woods often hires doctors, psychologists, and vocational experts. Their reports and testimony help veterans prove their mental and physical impairments are service-connected. We can’t stress how important it is to hire veterans disability benefits lawyers to compile the proper evidence for your claim. VA law is very complex and there are thousands of federal regulations that could affect your case.
- We help with appeals.
If your VA disability claim was denied, our veterans disability benefits lawyers can help. The veterans disability benefits lawyers at Woods & Woods have filed thousands of VA appeals. Our VA disability denial lawyers fight bad VA decisions for thousands of disabled veterans every year.
- We handle all communication with the VA.
Once you are our client, we take over all communication with the Veterans Administration. You won’t have to contact the VA only to be put on hold anymore. Your veterans disability benefits lawyers will take care of all communication with the VA for you.
- We fight for backpay.
If you had your VA disability denied, this is the missing money you should have been receiving. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers comb through records to make sure the VA paid you everything you are owed. Many veterans do not know how to accurately calculate their effective date and may end up missing years of back pay. Veterans disability benefits law is more complicated than many people believe and effective dates might be unknown to veterans who are applying or appealing.
- We hire experts.
Many vets do not obtain veterans disability benefits because they simply don’t submit enough evidence. This is one of the leading problems with free Veterans Service Officers (VSO) as well. Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers often hire doctors, psychologists, and vocational experts to help win veterans’ claims. The better the evidence you present to the Veterans Administration, the more likely you are to obtain veterans disability benefits.
Steps to Hire Our Veterans Disability Benefits Lawyers
- Free Consultation: The first step to hiring our veterans disability benefits lawyers is a free consultation. We’ll take some basic information from you and make a determination on whether or not we can help. Sometimes we have to tell veterans things they don’t want to hear. Many veterans are currently at the highest rating they will achieve. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers don’t want to reopen certain claims if we don’t think the veteran can obtain a higher rating. Sometimes we have to tell people the only thing that could change is the VA may lower their rating. Whatever the outcome of the consultation, remember, don’t shoot the messenger! We want to do what is best for you and your veterans disability benefits claim.
- File Application: Sometimes we need potential clients to file an additional veterans disability benefits application. We often find that veterans did not include all their mental or physical conditions on previous claims. Other times we find that one of the claims we need is closed and the appeal period is over. We will assist you through the application process if we feel you need this step. There is never a fee for help with applications. You could win your claim on your initial application or increased rating application alone. If you do so, congratulations! You don’t owe us a penny. If you do not obtain the highest rating you should be receiving, you then have the option to hire us for your VA disability rating appeal.
- Contract Sent: If you want to hire our veterans disability benefits lawyers for your appeal, we will send you a contract. The document is not that long and is very straight forward – you only pay if we win your appeal. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers will be more than happy to make sure you understand every word of your contract if you have questions.
- We Get to Work: As soon as our veterans disability benefits lawyers receive your signed contract, a flurry of activity begins on your appeal. If you are nearing the end of your appeal period, we file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) with the VA letting them know you disagree with their decision. Our medical records department starts gathering all the evidence you need. We start requesting medical records, Claims Files (C-Files), lay statements, buddy statements, and more. Once our legal analysts begin sifting through your medical records where we make determinations on what additional evidence you will need. We may schedule calls with doctors, psychologists, vocational experts, and other medical professionals we need to write reports for your claim. Remember, we are dealing with the VA. There is a lot of “hurry up and wait” involved in the process. But on our end, we work fast to move claims as quickly as we can through the appeal process.
Veterans Disability Benefits Lawyers Fees
Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers will only obtain a fee if we win your VA disability benefits claim. If you do not obtain veterans disability benefits, you don’t owe us a penny.
Our veterans disability benefits lawyers never ask for money upfront. We know this is a tough financial time in your life and paying a lawyer probably isn’t something you can do right now. That’s fine. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers never bill by the hour. Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers also never charge for phone calls.
These are the only two things you need to pay if your case is successful:
- Percentage of Back Pay: Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers’ fee is 20% of back pay. That amount will come directly from the VA, not out of your pocket. Many law firms do charge up to 33% of back pay. Before your hire a lawyer, make sure you find out what you are paying before you sign a contract.
- Case Expenses: These are things like doctors reports. Case expenses are only paid if your claim is successful. If your claim is not successful, Woods & Woods will never expect you to pay for evidence that did not win your claim.
Our Veterans Disability Benefits Lawyers Help Unemployed Vets
Total Disability Individual Unemployability (TDIU) benefits are available to veterans who have employment problems from service-connected mental and physical conditions. TDIU benefits pay over $2,900 a month – the same as an 100% VA disability rating.
Many veterans get 100% ratings and TDIU benefits confused because they pay the same. The difference between a 100% rating and Individual Unemployability is the employability issue. A 100% rating is based solely upon the number and severity of your conditions. While TDIU benefits will consider your conditions the same way, the VA will also consider if you are unable to work from service-connected disabilities.
Woods & Woods TDIU VA disability lawyers help veterans who can no longer work because of service-connected mental and physical impairments. TDIU benefits are a safety net for the most disabled veterans. Our Individual Unemployability lawyers are highly trained in TDIU benefits. We work with vocational experts throughout veteran’s cases to help prove they are disabled and can’t return to work because of service-connected disabilities.
Helpful links on Total Disability Individual Unemployability benefits:
- Individual Unemployability Fact Sheet
- VA Unemployability Requirements & Income Limits
- Individual Unemployability & Social Security Disability
- PTSD & Individual Unemployability Benefits
- Individual Unemployability Benefits Denials
Woods & Woods Has Successfully Appealed Thousands of Claims
The Veterans Administration makes mistakes all the time. Lots of veterans who deserve veterans disability benefits are denied. Our VA Benefits appeals lawyers have filed thousands of appeals with the Veterans Administration. We know what it takes to prove you are entitled to veterans disability benefits.
You likely have lots of anxiety and questions about what is going to happen to your VA claim. Don’t worry, that is normal. Veterans are put through a lot of stress and worry during the VA disability benefits appeal process.
Our veterans disability benefits lawyers have developed innovative case strategies and case management systems to help clients get through the appeal process. We are proud to have helped thousands of veterans cross the finish line. We are more than just your law firm, we are your advocate who is fighting for you. We have dealt with just about every type of VA disability claim. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers know the VA system and we know how to win cases.
There will be some aggravating times as a client. The VA makes a lot of goofy decisions and moves cases slowly. For example, there are currently over 340,000 appeals waiting for decisions. Some veterans must wait over four years to have their appeal finalized. But don’t worry, you’ll always have your veterans disability benefits lawyers to handle the VA for you. We will always act in your best interest and be honest with you. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers don’t only focus on winning your claim. We also put lots of energy and time into customer service. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers want to win your claim and make you a happy client, all at the same time.
Our Veterans Disability Benefits Lawyers Help Nationwide
Woods & Woods VA disability compensation lawyers can help you wherever you live. Woods and Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers represent disabled vets across the United States and even the U.S. territories. Our nationwide veterans disability benefits lawyers have fought for thousands of veterans just like you. Since 1985, Woods & Woods has been protecting the rights of disabled people. Let our decades of experience and knowledge work for you.
Trying to obtain veterans disability benefits can be confusing. The Veterans Administration makes veterans jump through hoops just to obtain VA disability benefits. If you aren’t sure where to start, give our veterans disability benefits lawyers a call. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers can navigate the complex VA bureaucracy for you.
If you hire Woods & Woods, you’ll always get a VA certified disability attorney. The veterans disability benefits lawyers at Woods & Woods are nationally recognized. Our veterans disability benefits lawyers teach VA law at national seminars. In an effort to help as many vets as we can, our veterans disability benefits lawyers have even assisted several law firms with starting VA practices. To us, their veterans disability benefits lawyers are not competition, they are the solution to a broken VA appeals process.
Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers want to help. Give us a call and find out what our veterans disability benefits lawyers can do for your family. You never pay a veterans disability benefits lawyer at Woods & Woods unless you win your VA benefits appeal. When you hire Woods & Woods veterans disability benefits lawyers, you get a team of lawyers, doctors, case managers, and medical experts to help you win your VA disability benefits claim. Remember, consultations are always free. There is never a charge to call and ask questions.