Lay Statement Writer
About Lay Statement WriterTo interview veterans and their friends or family members and write statements in support of their claim for benefits.
Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a skilled writer and attentive listener to obtain signed statements from friends and family members of veterans in support veterans’ claims for benefits.
- Review veterans’ case files and relevant case materials to identify the types of statements needed.
- Conduct telephone interviews with statement providers to obtain the information needed for each individual statement.
- Prepare the provider’s formal statement for attorney review and send to provider.
- Follow up with statement providers to ensure timely receipt of signed statement.
- 36.5 hour work week
- Day shift
- Monday through Friday
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Paid company holidays
- Paid time off after 90 days of employment
- Retirement plan
- Flexible work schedules
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- One year of office-related work experience
- Customer service experience preferred
- Physical and mental health background is a plus
Adaptability and resilience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organization, ability to learn on the fly, strong decision-making skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Start a New Career Here
"*" indicates required fields