If you still have questions about filing a benzene exposure lawsuit after reading the information below, please give Woods & Woods a call. We offer free legal consultations to anyone who suspects they have illnesses from benzene exposure. For help, please fill out the contact form or call toll-free (866) 232-5777.
What illnesses are caused by benzene exposure?
Benzene is a dangerous cancer-causing chemical compound. Many people who are exposed to benzene do not exhibit symptoms or develop illnesses for many years after their exposure.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Aplastic Anemia
Who was exposed to benzene?
Many people were exposed to benzene at their jobs and did not even know it. Benzene is much more common than many people would expect – Benzene has been widely used in American workplaces. If you worked in any of the following industries and have the above illnesses, you may be able to file a benzene exposure lawsuit.
- Automobile mechanics
- Carpet cleaners
- Dock and offshore workers
- Floor layers
- Gasoline-related industries
- Industries that manufacturer a variety of rubbers, chemicals, leathers, paints, glues, paper, pesticides, resins, drugs, plastics, dyes, detergents, adhesive products, solvents or lubricants
- Industries that uses oil-based treatments, paints, glues, stains, pesticides, dyes, detergents, lubricants, de-greasers, adhesive products, or solvents
- Lab technicians
- Petroleum refining and extraction
- Petroleum product shipping and transport
- Railroad workers, including shop workers, painters, locomotive maintenance
- Steel workers
What are the symptoms of benzene exposure?
Many people who were exposed to benzene exhibit certain symptoms. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should talk to our law firm about a benzene exposure lawsuit.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
Where would I have been exposed to benzene?
Most people who are eligible to file a benzene exposure lawsuit would have been exposed at their jobs. Repeated exposure to benzene can be proven by showing where you work and what job you did. Some workers were potentially exposed on a daily basis to deadly levels of benzene.
Unfortunately, many employers were unaware of benzene exposure. Other employers knew of potential benzene exposure but did not take any precautions to protect their employees.
How can a benzene exposure lawsuit help me?
Victims of benzene exposure may be able to recover damages by filing a benzene exposure lawsuit. Many victims of benzene exposure will be able to recover:
- Money for medical bills
- Money for lost wages
- Money for pain and suffering
- Money for punitive damages
Can I afford an attorney for a benzene exposure lawsuit?
Your personal injury lawyer at Woods & Woods only charges if you win your lawsuit. Your benzene exposure lawyer will work on a no recovery, no fee basis. Your benzene exposure lawyer will never ask for money upfront.
Get help now by filling out the free consultation form or by calling toll-free (866) 232-5777.